Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and activities of this fleet department by efficiently providing support in a positive and respectful manner and working with a team of mechanics who maintain and repair a large fleet of trucks, machinery, and heavy equipment. This is a hands-on working supervisor that will be required to assist on the floor with diagnostics and repairs when needed.
- Manage all activities related to vehicle, facility, and container maintenance and repair
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance Program to ensure all PMs are completed on schedule
- Ensure full DOT Compliance for equipment maintenance
- Maintain an accurate equipment and parts inventory
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience inspecting, trouble-shooting and repairing trucks is required
- Complete understanding of mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, structural design, and electrical skills are required
- Knowledge of applicable DOT permits and OSHA compliance is required
- CDL Class A or B license is preferred
- Strong leadership and supervision skills
- Organize and motivate service personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.